Self-Transformation and the Spiritual Life
The course covers an approach to self-transformation that serves as a foundation for an integrated and effective life, as well as an essential preparation for living the spiritual life. It includes exercises in self-awareness and a detailed study of meditation. Other facets of the course are, approaches to daily awareness, the exploration of transcendence, nurturing essential life-skills, probing into the nature of intuition, and the integration of impersonal values into our lives.
- The Process of Self-Transformation by Vincente Hao Chin Jr.
- The First and Last Freedom by J. Krishnamurti
- The Key to Theosophy by H. P. Blavatsky
- Mysticism by William James (The chapter on Varieties of Religious Experience)
- Understanding Mysticism by Richard Woods
- The Science of Yoga by I. K. Taimni
Mr Vincente Hao Chin Jr., is a former president of the TS in the Philippines, and a former president of the Indo-Pacific Federation of the TS. He is the author of The Process of Self-Transformation, Why Meditate?, On Education, and other works. He compiled and edited the chronological edition of The Mahatma Letters to A. P. Sinnet, and is the Associate Editor of the Theosophical Encyclopedia.